I make lists. I like making lists. I like crossing off the things on the list. I like adding more on lists.
And you may be asking “why is this girl going on and on about lists?”
Because, as much as it is important to make everyday lists, it’s just as important to make clothing, closet or wardrobe lists. I make these type lists every spring & autumn. I also make the for clients after I get done doing a wardrobe revival. It helps me determine where my style is headed, what I’d like to purchase, and to keep me focused on the prize, instead of seeing things on sale and buying just for the heck of it! It’s an easier way on the budget.
This example of my list seems to grow daily, and yet I can erase items I no longer want or have changed my mind on. I keep it on one of my favorite apps; Google Keep. Amazing app, very satisfying to check off items I’ve purchased. Need it in your life!
Gotta keep that list in check!
- Denim jacket. I actually don’t have one and have been searching for the perfect one.
- New York Yankees baseball hat. I’m searching for one that isn’t overly pricey. But I feel like I’d wear plenty of.
- Madewell neckerchiefs in both marigold + light pink. These neckerchiefs are amazing just to finish a look or to layer with necklaces. Yaaaas!
- Leather or suede clogs. I’ve been looking for ugg heeled clogs… Ever since my friend Caitlin had some hasbeens on!
- Culottes/dress pants. This one is pretty serious. Though I don’t have ANY black dress pants, I think I should own at least one pair. And possibly a second pair of culottes.
- Boyfriend tees. Old navy makes the BEST ones. The material is incredibly soft. And I just want some more in my life. Pairs nicely with other items in closet and plays nicely on it’s own. Great basic to have!
- Squashblossom necklace. Though the real deal necklaces are in the thousands ($$$), I’m okay with costume. The necklace itself has a nod to be southwestern wear. But can still look modern.
- Boyfriend jeans. I want some that are darker wash denim, no holes and some that will just become softer with age.
- Madewell Flats. I’ve always been a fan of Madewell flats, as they’re comfortable as they are also dressy. So my mission is to find them for some good deals as well as some that I’ll wear until they give out!
- Blue shirt. Mainly a blue button down shirt. I feel as if I could style it pretty cute. I definitely have my peepers open to find the right one.
I hope you take my advice and start writing the things that can elevate your closet! It really does help with narrowing down your focus. : )0